Cd writer problems, scratchy noises on copies

triflesterms 17:58 18 Jan 04

Just installed my cd writer combo, i havent been able to make a perfect copy of a cd, everytime i get scratchy noises, either right at the start or somewhere else on the cd.
Ive tried burning on lowest speed & i still get the scratches.
Im using nero express & windows xp pro.

Hope you can help

Pidder 19:28 18 Jan 04

Just a thought, have you got anything such as a printer or card reader plugged into USB? I find that this can interrupt video plays on my PC, don't know if it can affect c.d. burning.

wawadave 19:32 18 Jan 04

try looking in device manager any problems showing? try burning with only explorer and system tray running and burning program. might be from low resources.

broggs 19:34 18 Jan 04

have had this problem if playing back digitally.Go into the properties of your combo and untick this option.Also have you fitted the analogue audio lead from the back of your combo to your sound card as this helps.

Colditz 19:57 18 Jan 04

I agree with wawadave come across this a couple of times and always recommended a program called end it all.Worked most of the time.

triflesterms 22:31 18 Jan 04

I tried all of the above apart from the audio lead, any other ideas?

broggs 20:17 24 Jan 04

try the audio lead and it will work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…