cd writer problem

N-304567 18:40 22 Oct 03

i have a 52 speed Cd ROM and a 52 speed cd writer both LG make. the problem is this it takes about 9-10 minutes to copy a music cd, i think that is too long.

what could be the problem, i have a fast computer atlon 2000 xp and 512 memory.

mark e 18:43 22 Oct 03

What program are you using to burn your cd's

Djohn 18:45 22 Oct 03

Although you have a 52 speed writer, you may have altered the read/write settings to a slower speed from within the program software.

Sometimes it is necessary to slow down the speed to 4x or even 2x to get a poor source CD to be copied. Have a look at what your settings are in the software you are using. j.

mark e 19:09 22 Oct 03

i have a 52 speed Cd ROM and a 52 speed cd writer both LG make. the problem is this it takes about 9-10 minutes to copy a music cd, i think that is too long.
what could be the problem, i have a fast computer atlon 2000 xp and 512 memory.

the software i am using is nero 5

mark e 19:10 22 Oct 03

you will need to do as Djohn suggested and look at your settings.

Mark

Elyvate 11:38 23 Oct 03

you might be using CD's with a slow write speed

Stuartli 14:24 23 Oct 03

Check that the write speed chosen by your program is the one you require.

In any case it's unwise to burn at such high speeds even if the media is listed as being capable - best to use 32x media at 24x for instance rather than go flat out.

Even so you should be burning in much less time than you state.

The power of your CPU etc makes little difference as the burn takes place at the speed specified; make sure too that buffer overrun is enabled.

Stuartli 14:41 23 Oct 03

You say you are using Nero 5.

It could be that it doesn't recognise your rewriter and you should upgrade your version (free) at Nero's website (click on Previous Versions):

click here

You may need to go through them in sequence to get the very latest version (5.5.10.54) which can only be upgraded from 5.5.10.42.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…