CD writer only recording left channel

reddwarfcrew 22:20 03 Apr 03

Hi,

I'm currently trying to record my LPs on to CD.

Now I've finally got the LP player correctly connected to the line in on the soundcard and adjusted the creative soundmixer so that I can record from the line in, but I am having a problem when using Soundstream in Easy CD Creator.

When I play the LP, the sound comes out both left and right channel, but when I preview (and subsequently record) thru soundstream it is only recording the left channel and the right channel is completely silent.

I have the balance set correctly in the volume cntrls, sound mixer and soundstream, so why is it only doing the left channel??

Can anyone shed some light?

Thanks.

€dstow 09:18 04 Apr 03

Try this: Check the "Enable Digital Audio" is checked in device manager.

RIGHT click "My computer" click on "Computer Management", "Device Manager", find your CD writer and double click on it, click on "Properties" and find the right box as above.

€d

reddwarfcrew 10:11 04 Apr 03

I'll try that. Its actually my Dad that trying to copy his LPs so I wont be able to try it for a while until I'm next around there.

Sounds as though that suggestion is actually linked to the cd writer, but the problem is there when you are preview and record using spindoctor in soundstream when recording to the harddrive before recording to CDR.

€dstow 10:38 04 Apr 03

Oh!

Not familiar with the software you are using, I'm a Nero user, but are you on WXP? If so , have you tried the built-in CD writer? It's a bit basic but it may sort out your problem.

€d

reddwarfcrew 11:28 04 Apr 03

Yep, my Dads on XP.

spindoctor is in EasyCDCreator. Think I might try some other software for recording from the line in on the soundcard.

Any suggestions?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac