CD writer not writing???

Pablothehat 08:02 02 Jun 04

Anyone know what a Win32 error code 5 access denied when writing a cd means?
I am using Instant CD+DVD, it goes through the simulation, the finalising but resulting disc appears blank or unaccessable. Was ok before dvd writer upgrade????

anon1 11:06 02 Jun 04

Do you have any drivers disks for the cd/dvd? It may be a driver issue. Visit the makers website and get any upgrades there. You may simply need to reinstall drivers.

Pablothehat 09:36 30 Jun 04

still cannot get this to work nor dvd-rw to write either

Androcles 09:52 30 Jun 04

Go to My Computer,right click on the drive,left click Properties,left click Recording and make sure Enable CD recording on this drive is ticked.
HOpe this helps.

FATSCAFF 10:22 30 Jun 04

I had a similar problem after installing some new software. It changed the proirites and where the dvd and cd recorded before , they stopped. If it was working before try a System restore point.
If it hasnt worked try downloading new ASPI LayerS,Idid this also.

Pablothehat 10:30 30 Jun 04

niether of the drives appear to have that option, though i can remember seeing it..... stumped

Cuddles 11:38 30 Jun 04

Have you made any physical adjustments to ribbon cables on any of the drives.

Androcles 22:22 30 Jun 04

Error code 5 indicates a driver problem,try updating the driver.

woodchip 22:35 30 Jun 04

You may need to try different CD media discs, drivers for CDRW or DVDRW are provided with the Writing Software as in your case,ā€¯Instant CD+DVD" That may not support your new drive. It may be too old

Wexford 23:51 30 Jun 04

Sounds similar to a problem I had, I resolved mine by moving my DVD burner as a slave to my hard drive on IDE 1 (not ideal, I know, but it solved my problem). It seems, some burners dont like certain setups so you need to experiment a little by changing how your drives are connected ie. you could try setting your dvd burner as master on its own on IDE 2 and slaving your other cd/dvd drive to your hard drive on IDE 1.

Rtus 00:23 01 Jul 04

please clarify which O/s your using & your mention of dvd upgrade (do you mean youve added a new drive or upgraded the firmware/software ??)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…