//some 3rd party need geo

CD write protected

jon2 13:58 07 Apr 03

when I try to remove files from my rewrite CD I get message "read only files cannot deleat" what am I doing wrong?

BRYNIT 14:56 07 Apr 03

Silly question but have you put the cd in the cd re-writer drive

jon2 15:16 07 Apr 03

yes

anniesboy68 15:46 07 Apr 03

I also would like to get to the bottom of this read only business. Can anyone spell it out in very simple terms please how to get over it. A little program I downloaded after visiting a previous thread that was supposed to convert from read only didn't work.

BRYNIT 19:36 08 Apr 03

I have found since I have installed Nero InCD I have to select the file go into properties and remove the tick from read only you should then be able to alter the file on the rewrite disk

billyliv 20:28 08 Apr 03

Hi, I may be way off beam here but I thought you had to tranfer the files on your disc to ,say, word, edit the file you want, Format your CD/RW then burn your files again. I haven't tried altering a file that has been burnt onto CD. cheers, Bill

old jim 20:47 08 Apr 03

Hi Guys
There is a program called Instant CD/DVD on the cover of this months PC Answers that alowes you to format a CD R as a large floppy, alowing you to cut, past, deleat,or save, and generaly alter your files any way you want.
Hope this helps
oldjim

anniesboy68 16:13 08 May 03

old jim...you sure about formatting a CD R disk, I thought they were made only for burning.....and is the program on pc answers disk a free one?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…