cd won't auto run

fullywired23 20:35 17 Jul 05

I subscribe to a mag ,that comes with a cd attached every month ,it contains tutorials in digital photography. my problem is that it won't auto run on one of the two H/ds I have.
I have tried Start ,run,type gpedit .comp fig .admin temp.system auto start but that doesn't work .I have right clicked the drive and clicked properties and selected auto run but that doesn't work but it runs on the other hard drive ,I know the obvious answer "use the other hard drive " but I would like to know why it won't run on one of them,it is annoying
Appreciate any help

VoG II 20:36 17 Jul 05
  fullywired23 22:40 17 Jul 05

Thanks VoG

downloaded that and ran it but no luck it say "device is either malfunctioning or wizard cannot detect the problem.

it is not the device because it happens or rather doesn't happen in both my drives ,a Samsung dvd writer and the other a pioneer dvd player .I wonder if some programme is blocking it and has I said previously it works on the other hard drive

thanks again Viejo

wheelie 02:47 18 Jul 05

Bit of a long shot, this, but you could try deleting the drive in device manager, rebooting and letting the system re-detect it.

It may not solve the problem, but it's worth a try.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…