cd will not run

rocketbob 12:31 PM 22 Feb 12

i have just brought a cd for a workshop manual for a van, when i put into the cd/dvd drive it does not run and i have ticked the autorun box for that drive

Ian in Northampton 12:43 PM 22 Feb 12

Does it show up in Windows Explorer? And if it does, is there a 'start.exe' file or similar that you can double click on?

rocketbob 20:09 PM 22 Feb 12

hi ian can not find it when i click on dvd drive i can hear the disc running i am at a dead end.

markd71 20:16 PM 22 Feb 12

Try another cd and see what happens ! Did you buy from e-bay ?

rocketbob 21:29 PM 22 Feb 12

put music cd in played ok. brought it on e bay

Strawballs 21:32 PM 22 Feb 12

Maybe it's a DVD try a different DVD in the drive

markd71 00:11 AM 23 Feb 12

You've been had ! what van ? year / model /make & what you need to know.. e-bay is a penetentiary on-line

lotvic 02:31 AM 23 Feb 12

If when you Explore the contents of the CD you can't find a 'start.exe' file, what files can you see?

Ian in Northampton 08:22 AM 23 Feb 12

Lotvic: I sense from what the OP said, nothing at all is showing in Explorer.

Rocketbob: if other CDs and DVDs work OK in the drive, I suspect you have a faulty one. Contact the eBay seller and ask for another one. If for some reason he/she won't play ball, raise a dispute.

Markd71: in the interests of balance, I should say that I've done 400+ transactions on eBay, with only two problems - both of which were resolved by eBay/PayPal to my satisfaction.

rocketbob 12:40 PM 23 Feb 12

e bay seller sending a new disc. thanks all.

rocketbob 12:40 PM 23 Feb 12

e bay seller sending a new disc. thanks all.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites