cd will not run

rocketbob 12:31 22 Feb 12

i have just brought a cd for a workshop manual for a van, when i put into the cd/dvd drive it does not run and i have ticked the autorun box for that drive

Ian in Northampton 12:43 22 Feb 12

Does it show up in Windows Explorer? And if it does, is there a 'start.exe' file or similar that you can double click on?

rocketbob 20:09 22 Feb 12

hi ian can not find it when i click on dvd drive i can hear the disc running i am at a dead end.

markd71 20:16 22 Feb 12

Try another cd and see what happens ! Did you buy from e-bay ?

rocketbob 21:29 22 Feb 12

put music cd in played ok. brought it on e bay

Strawballs 21:32 22 Feb 12

Maybe it's a DVD try a different DVD in the drive

markd71 00:11 23 Feb 12

You've been had ! what van ? year / model /make & what you need to know.. e-bay is a penetentiary on-line

lotvic 02:31 23 Feb 12

If when you Explore the contents of the CD you can't find a 'start.exe' file, what files can you see?

Ian in Northampton 08:22 23 Feb 12

Lotvic: I sense from what the OP said, nothing at all is showing in Explorer.

Rocketbob: if other CDs and DVDs work OK in the drive, I suspect you have a faulty one. Contact the eBay seller and ask for another one. If for some reason he/she won't play ball, raise a dispute.

Markd71: in the interests of balance, I should say that I've done 400+ transactions on eBay, with only two problems - both of which were resolved by eBay/PayPal to my satisfaction.

rocketbob 12:40 23 Feb 12

e bay seller sending a new disc. thanks all.

rocketbob 12:40 23 Feb 12

e bay seller sending a new disc. thanks all.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Driverless cars in the UK - The story so far: How Google and the UK Government are looking to test…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

You can now publish data visualisations to the web from Power BI

Complete guide to Apple's campus 2, everything we know about the new spaceship HQ, plus: new drone…