CD Stuck in drive

I have a problem with a disk that is stuck in the dvd/cdrw drive. I have tried right clicking on the drives icon and then clicking eject but that didnt work. I have also tried pushing a pin into the hole on the front of the drive ,but that had no effect. Help!!!
Can anybody help?

AubreyS 21:29 23 Jan 04

In the front of the drive there is a small hole. Push a paper clip into it and push firmly and the drive should slide out.

AubreyS 21:30 23 Jan 04

Sorry, I should have read further! It should work though.

Valvegrid 21:47 23 Jan 04

I had this trouble the other day, like a clot I removed the CD ROM drive to replace it and left a CD inside. I found by removing the facia of the drive you can slide the tray out easily.

Switch the computer off, release the screws either side of the drive, you should be able to slide the drive far enough forward to see if there are two two screws holding the facia of the drive on, remove the screws and take the facia off and you should be able to slide the tray out.

If all else fails, it might work.

Paul.

I managed to slide out the drawer and get the disc out after pushing a longer pin in the hole which let me slide out the drawer to get the disc out.

Bapou 23:07 23 Jan 04

If there is a next time, it happens! Try shutting down, not restart, then switch back on again. Press the drive button to eject.

It works for me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…