cd stuck in dissapeared disk drive

greyballs 10:47 29 Aug 09

hi i loaded a dvd into the disk drive and i think my machine could not read it as it came up 'not responding' and shut down ,i can not open my disc drive to remove the disc and also when i go to my computer the drive icon is missing i think the only way to return my machine to normal is to get into my disc drive and to remove the offending disc ,any ideas on how to do this would great. i am using a dell inspiron with vista home premium

mooly 11:25 29 Aug 09

Most drives have a small "pinhole" to manually release the tray catch... have a look.

peugeot man 11:30 29 Aug 09

Try this it normally works

click here

greyballs 11:41 29 Aug 09

thanks guys ,tryed with a cocktail stick no joy,but i am still wondering why the drive letter is missing from 'my computer' ?.

BRYNIT 13:21 29 Aug 09

A cocktail stick will be too thick try using a paper clip.

If power is getting to the DVD drive press the open button after you have just turned the computer on, this will allow the drawer to open to take the DVD out. You may have to be quick to remove the DVD as the drawer sometimes shuts very quickly.

greyballs 14:22 29 Aug 09

thanks brynit,the stick was to big full power to the paper clip ,draw now open and the drive letter is back result, thanks again guys.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…