CD Speeds

Hitchhiker 17:59 18 Jun 03

Hi,

Is there a way to tell what speed my CD and CD writer are (without the original documentation).

Cheers

The Spires 18:15 18 Jun 03

Install click here AIDIA32 (Freeware) & look under the 'Storage' section.

Stuartli 19:39 18 Jun 03

Or System Information (Start?Programs>SystemTools>System Information....

The most complete and accurate record of all hardware, software etc on your system...:-)

powerless 19:43 18 Jun 03

Well not entirely complete...

I find Aida can discover a little more info.

Stuartli 20:52 18 Jun 03

Such as? Does it detail driver installations, updates, changes etc or a vast selection of other information?

I only ask because I've never used Aida which some have compared favourably, others unfavourably, with Belarc Advisor.

I do use Belarc but for important or detailed info I use System Information.

hugh-265156 21:02 18 Jun 03

i use aida and it details just about everything you need to know about hardware, software,drivers the lot.you can even use it to print out a report.

Stuartli 22:01 18 Jun 03

I presume that the way Aida works is to utilise the information in System Information.....?

hugh-265156 23:06 18 Jun 03

im not sure exactly.i do know that anytime i need info i use it.most info that is in system info is here along with a lot more.smart info and cpu and case tempetures,motherboard info,bios info,graphics card info,hardware,software,windows,networking,cookies,file types,benchmarking,drivers,power management,directx,events and much more.some i dont even know what they are yet lol.

try it,its very very good.

Hitchhiker 08:53 19 Jun 03

Just to mention I tried Aida and its great - helped me sort out some other problems with my monitor too.

Cheers

Stuartli 09:10 19 Jun 03

Thanks for that - obviously it saves trawling through the BIOS and various other areas by gathering such information in the one convenient place.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…