CD Sold singly from package bundle

beautiful 12:42 02 May 10

E-mail: [email protected]

2nd May 2010

PC Advisor Helpline

Dear Sirs,

Following my placing of an order with Morgan Computers (click here) I ordered a software item on their offer entitled Photoshop Elements 8 at a cost of £2 plus P & P. The total cost of the transaction came to £34.29. This was ordered last Thursday and arrived Saturday morning by Royal Mail letter post.

Up inspection of the CD I noticed that the following words were clearly written on the CD “FOR BUNDLES ONLY – NOT TO BE SOLD SEPARATELY”.

I therefore feel that this may not be a legitimate item to be sold as I was not made aware of this anywhere on their website or in the offer made. Whilst I accept that this CD is probably genuine from ADOBE is it legal to sell to the public. Should this item be returned under the distance selling regulations or am I legal in using and agreeing to the receipt of this product.?

I enclose a copy of the CD in question together with the detail contacts regarding the website of Morgan Computers.

Yours faithfully

Martin D Sales
PC Advisor subscriber

click here

Adobe Photoshop Elements 8
Only 50 copies left
[£32.00 inc VAT]
more info | buy now

bremner 12:50 02 May 10

What help do you require?

Chris the Ancient 13:10 02 May 10

Now that you have given your email address to all and sundry (not a very good idea), expect plenty of spam.

Quote...
I ordered a software item on their offer entitled Photoshop Elements 8 at a cost of £2 plus P & P.

A significant typo. The item was £32!

And as bremner said. 'What help do you require?'

What is the purpose of your post?

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:08 02 May 10

eh?

G

rdave13 17:32 02 May 10

If the CD was thrown in with the order, for £2, and clearly states that the CD was not to be sold seperatly, then there may be an issue? Depending on what package the software originaly came with.

rdave13 17:35 02 May 10

Hmm.. separately even.

mooly 19:36 02 May 10

It sounds sort of suspicious to me.
I got a copy of MS Works 8 with a new laptop, genuine of course which says on it "only to be supplied with a new PC" or something similar.

So yes I'd be suspicious... have these been kept back somehow, and now being resold ?

You need to be very careful before accusing... so I guess the folk to ask are Adobe.

Pine Man 19:44 02 May 10

Given that the cheapest price I can find on the web is about £60 did you really expect a 'kosher' version for just over £30?

rdave13 19:46 02 May 10

Could be that whatever you ordered originally was 'bundled' with the OEM software for an extra £2.
Ask Morgan Computers as they will know the legalities of OEM software.
Sounds OK to me.

rdave13 19:49 02 May 10

beautiful states ' Following my placing of an order with Morgan Computers ....' then orders the software for two squids. So it's 'bundled'.

northumbria61 20:15 02 May 10

Pine Man - no - beautiful corrected herself by saying she had done a typo error - the cost was £32 (not £2) plus postage - Total Cost £34.29

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…