CD Setup error

sibaw 09:00 30 Apr 05

Now here is a problem that even the Sony techies can't solve. I have a Sony VAOI laptop and had Norton 2002 utilities on my C drive. It loaded Ok when I first put it on. Then I decided to move it and other programs to the D partion, since C: was getting rather full. Most of the software re-installed OK ( I unloaded all of it first by using add/remove programs). However when I put the Norton CD in, it runs another program not Norton Utilities setup. I have tried running just the NUSETUP.EXE file on the disk but every time "Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers" run and sets up. Now this software came with the machine. SO I unloaded it and started in safe mode. All that happened then was that it installed all the Realtek sofware back on the machine.... I'm stuck.

Diodorus Siculus 09:55 30 Apr 05

Are you in the mood for a format / reinstall of your OS? It might be the best solution.

SEASHANTY 10:07 30 Apr 05

Maybe something to do with the license for use on one PC. Perhaps it " sees " the re-install as another machine. Try asking Symantic why this is happening.

sibaw 14:32 30 Apr 05

thanks for your advice guys. I do not want to reformat the hard drive just yet. Symantec do not support 2002 software so a balnk there. I did cure it though by copying the cd to the hard drive and renaming the NU setup.exe file and it worked.

thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Portable power and versatile design let down by expensive accessories and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best design TV series, films & documentaries

iPhone 7 Plus vs Sony Xperia XZ Premium comparison preview: Superb camera gives Sony the edge - on…