CD-RW/DVD-RW

Zero Two 20:03 30 Dec 04

If either of these is deleted using a "Lamp" rather than Software, is it destroyed or can it be written to again?

Technotiger 20:09 30 Dec 04

Hi, pardon my ignorance, but what is a Lamp? I am always willing to learn more. Cheers.

Technotiger 20:21 30 Dec 04

Hi again, anyway, regardless of my first question - why not just experiment with an old cd that you don't mind using as a beermat if it goes pearshaped? Any CD-RW should be re-usable.
Happy New Year.

Technotiger 18:28 31 Dec 04

Hi, thanks, understand now, but don't know the answer to your question though. Did you try the experiment as I suggested?

I am very greatful for the info, but please note that the email option is really only for personal questions. All posts should be made hear, that way everyone will know that the Lamp you refer to is the Ultra Violet variety.

Happy New Year and Thanks again.

Technotiger 18:29 31 Dec 04

Ooops - meant to say *here* - not hear!! :-))

Technotiger 08:10 01 Jan 05

by email from ZeroTwo
--------------------------------------------------
Have not been able to find the uv Lamps @ Dabs or Maplin. I know that the software will delete the files stored on the DVD-RW.
--------------------------------------------------

Your original question was "will it be destroyed?"

I am afraid that, never having used your 'Lamp' method, my answer is that I do not know. I can only suggest you experiment as above. Cheers.

LinuxPenguin 16:17 01 Jan 05

yes, it fills it with zeros, it cannot be recovered.

Technotiger 16:22 01 Jan 05

Thanks friend - ZeroTwo, now we Both know. Like I said, always willing to absorb new knowledge.

Happy New Year.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…