CD-RW/DVD-ROM

Caro1 22:20 03 Jan 04

Just bought a Samsung CD-RW/DVI-ROM and tried installing in it place of the existing CD Reader. I have a Gateway PC with 128mb RAM, running Windows ME (I know - sad). When I replace existing CD reader, ie move cables to new CD RW, the PC does not boot up fully. There is power to the new CD RW but no PC functionality. It just hangs at a Gateway screen.
I have used the new E-IDI cable, but re-used the existing Audio Cable and power cable. I also usednew Audio Cable with the same result. The CD RW is set to MA as I am replacing the old CD Reader rather than trying to run both.

At the end of the day I would like to have both running but the prime objective is to have a CD-RW facility.

Stevie07 22:24 03 Jan 04

Check manufacturers site as may be wont run under SE. Might need specific drivers.

Caro1 22:43 03 Jan 04

Manufacturers systems requirements include Windows ME.

ikoz 22:05 09 Jan 04

what do you mean by not boot up fully? does it go through the boot up screens then hangs when windows is updating the hardware?

ikoz 22:08 09 Jan 04

click here
this may help

Caro1 12:57 28 Jan 04

Thanks for your help - this problem is now being resolved by an "expert".

Caro1 12:57 28 Jan 04

Thanks for your help - this problem is now being resolved by an "expert".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…