CD-RW wont work

Paisley 17:18 12 Nov 03

I have a phillips cd-rw and am using nero 5.5, ihave tried to download the latest version but it just wont download, problem is that the cd-rw does not see any disks so I cant burn anything I am running windows 2000, any ideas?

david.h 17:22 12 Nov 03

my thread was published earlier today, searched on the internet loads of people with the same problem i think its a clash with windows update security parch but not sure. can't offer any help yet but just to let you know your not alone out there with unreadable drives

Paisley 17:37 12 Nov 03

comforting to know I am not the only one if I find anything I too will let you know

palinka 18:01 12 Nov 03

if the CD RW is new, take it back for a replacement. I had endless problems with mine; thought it was the disks (tho they were reputable make)as occasionally one would actually work. Eventually discovered the CD-RW is at fault - but system is 2+ years old (you'll gather I don't have much need to burn CDs) so replacement is likely to be at my expense. So if yours is new take it back now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…