CD-RW will not work at all (Advent 3511 PC)

thegripper 23:36 11 Jul 03

Please help !. My CD-RW which has worked OK for months stopped mid burn, and crashed Nero (V 5). Now when I put a disc in the unit I can hear the disc turn a few times slowly, the light flashes several times - and that's it, nothing more. Device manager does not indicate any problem - it's "working properly" It's an LG Drive HL-DT-ST GCE-8004B unit, in using XP. If I try to use Nero to burn a disc I get a message that the drive is empty, like there is no disk in the unit.

Giggle n' Bits 00:28 12 Jul 03

the last time you used the CD WRtr drive ?.

Or Go to the Nero site and Download the New Nero Express 5.9.28 or somthing its on the right hand side of the nero home page or was last time I looked make sure if you download its the Nero Express. If it is software related either the WinXP restore will work or updating the Nero software.

Call back if you need more help.

When you put a blank CD in the Wtr drive it is normal for the drive to read the disk and flash a few times.

thegripper 10:54 12 Jul 03

Looks like a hardware fault then ? Next stop could be Dabs

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…