CD-RW will not detect disc

mofat152 22:50 21 Dec 03

I have a Sony PCV-RX650 with a Sony CRX175E CD-RW.
When trying to burn CDs I get the Message on my CD-RW drive (drive G) to insert disc in drive. The problem is that ther IS a disc in the drive. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drive through device manager, unhooked both data and power cables to the drive, cleaned the drive and nothing helps. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Diodorus Siculus 23:04 21 Dec 03

Do you need to format the CD? If it is a CD-RW then it may need formatting before beginning.

mofat152 23:38 21 Dec 03

Thanks Diodorus but I am unfamiliar with formating CDs. Any help would be appreciated.

Diodorus Siculus 07:48 22 Dec 03

Bump. Maybe someone knows...

g0slp 08:36 22 Dec 03

I've had a similar problem with 'cheapo' blanks -I forget the alleged brand now, unfortunately.

I tend to use Imation blanks now, touch wood no problems.....

At the risk of stating the obvious, if blanks are not in the right way they won't be recognised either! Again, some cheap blanks can be difficult to insert correctly - it's not obvious which is the correct side..

Hope this helps

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…