cd-rw shows as cd-rom

k_g2000 20:48 13 Mar 03

Hi, just installed a cd-rw and its showing in device manager as cd-rom? ME as op. cd-rom set as master, cd-rw as slave. Upgraded system, a7n266-vm, 2000xp, 256 pc2100 ddr been having graphics trouble all day, Head in the Shed. HELP
k_g

Andy 999 21:20 13 Mar 03

yes, it does show it in the cd-rom drive column if that is what you are thinking.Try burning a cd on a cdrw if u have a spare disc and se if it comes up with any errors. If it does, try checking the drivers for your o/s.

Peter 21:21 13 Mar 03

Have you installed the CD writing software that was supplied with the drive. If you don't it will appear as a CD ROM drive.

Peter.

Djohn 21:29 13 Mar 03

As Peter says, maybe down to driver. When I installed winxp it showed both my drives as CD drives until I installed the drivers, now they are correctly shown as CDRW, and DVD. J.

kane_2002k 21:54 13 Mar 03

if windows shows it as CD-ROM, but u r still able to write disks on it, it shouldn't matter,

k_g2000 22:06 13 Mar 03

Thanks guys, one of them days, installed nero and tried sending a file to drive e: using right click and its not there as a option, checked device manager and it showed e: as a cd-rom, followed your advice and copied a disc successfully, plus saved a document but can't send a file using right click as in xp is this a ME thing?(first time working with ME).
k_g

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac