cd-rw problems

bobfromburt 21:31 12 Jan 05

Can anyone help please !
Every time i put a blank CD into my CD-RW drive i get the message "Please insert a blank CD " or similar.Could you tell me how to check if my CD driver is faulty or the driver.Being a bit of a numpty with these things single syllable words would be helpful.

mattyc_92 21:39 12 Jan 05

When do you actually get the message??? and what operating system are you using??

Modo 21:41 12 Jan 05

Incompatible software after Windows updates

Incompatible disks with the writer

Software conflicts - too many programs

Old faded disks

Could go on for ever. Have to admit I've got a Teac drive on one machine that has always been a basket case.

A new drive will cost you £15 and take 5 minutes to fit. You'll save on wasted disks.

bobfromburt 21:45 12 Jan 05

Thanks one and all. For the sake of £15 - £25 i may as well get a new drive.Then again ,any recommendations of make and where to get it from.

Modo 21:55 12 Jan 05

Watford, amazon, simply.

You've reminded me to stop wasting disks using my Teac - I keep forgetting. I then revert to old disks on an old Dell and they work fine.

Don't forget you could get a dual layer 16X DVDRW for not much over £30 that will also do CD/CDRW.

Sans le Sou 22:08 12 Jan 05

Novatech have the NEC3500A dual layer for around £44 in black or beige, not the cheapest but high quality and quick. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…