cd-rw problems

disco 18:07 28 Jan 04

I have an Atapicd-rw 52x scsi which is only 6 months old and will not read any cds I can write to it but even this is hit and miss I have tried it in a friends machine and it works fine
I have a dvd drive which also works fine
does any one have any idea what could be the problem
help please

Gongoozler 19:12 28 Jan 04

You don't say what computer you are using the cd-rw on, but it is possible that your ASPI files are out of date. Have a look at this site and run aspichk.exe to see what version of ASPI files you have. Be careful though if you do update your ASPI files, my old version of Nero wasn't happy even when I restored the files on my Windows 98se system to the originals.

disco 19:24 28 Jan 04

Which site?
Ihave A MESH COMP running a 14OOAMD ATHLON and XP HOME

Gongoozler 09:25 29 Jan 04

Sorry about that.

click here

disco 19:00 29 Jan 04

I have updated as suggested but this has had no effect on my problem
any other ideas please

dotterel 20:47 29 Jan 04

What cds are you using? My rewriter "rejects" (by just making loud grinding noises) 50% of my pcworld cd's. It's perfectly happy with more expensive ones. The program used to write to the cd's may not be compatible with your system. Whenever I created a cd using Roxio, I always had to close it in a particular way so that it could be read by any cd player. Hope this gives you some leads.

MESH Support 11:36 30 Jan 04
  disco 19:22 06 Feb 04

Thanks MESH for getting your engineer to call
however he suggested I update my chipset drivers (ALi) but I am having problems locating any updated drivers for my motherboard (ASUS A7A266)
COULD YOU POST ME A WEB SITE LINK
THANKS

Gongoozler 08:11 07 Feb 04

Hi disco. All the downloads for the ASUS A7A266 are here
click here

disco 09:43 08 Feb 04

Thanks Gongoozler but I have been to this site and cannot find a specific file to upgrade the Chipset
Am I missing something

Gongoozler 14:50 08 Feb 04

Hi disco, the driver for the motherboard chipset is "ALi Integrated Driver v1.04 of AGP, IDE Cache, and FIR" but this is only for Windows 9x, ME and 2000. I can only assume that there is no update for XP other than the audio one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…