CD RW problem with In CD

wobblymike 19:55 08 Jan 04

Can anyone help with a perplexing problem - I have just upgraded a 4 year old PC to XP pro - it has a 900Mhz processor, loads of RAM and a 4 speed CDRW which while slow is perfectly functional. I loaded Nero 5 (the original software that came with the writer)and that works fine; I tried to load In CD from the same disc but it would not load so I loaded a later version (still version 5) which did load and which read a RW CD but reported it as full with only 100Mb on it - the In CD icon in the system tray did not change colour while reading the disc. I am mystified can anyone shed any light. Incidentally I tried to load Nero 6 but it did not want to know - don't know whether that is significant.

bremner 20:23 08 Jan 04

Before you load Nero 6 you are instructed to unistall any previous version. If you did not do so this may account for why it would not load.

minter 21:05 08 Jan 04

Does your computer meet the requirements for XP.

To check go to click here.

Go to the Nero website click here
there is a FAQ section for Nero and InCD, if these don't answer your problem - then uninstall Nero 5, download the latest version of 5 (not 6) and install that, get hold of InCD and install that after you install Nero.

minter 21:08 08 Jan 04

While on the Nero website check "Supported Recorders" and see if your CD-RW is supported.

Just because it isn't does not mean it will not work.

Just post back and we will try something else.

wobblymike 09:03 09 Jan 04

Minter

Checking out your suggections will get back - thanks

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…