Cd-rw problem

David_Brent 18:49 31 Mar 03

Could somebody help answer this problem I have please. I have an AOpen cd-rw I purchased recently someone installed it for me as I'm not very technical. I can create new cd's and copy data cds using the Nero software with it but i can't copy audio cds or burn tracks off cds in my cd drive on to my computer. Does anyone know why this is please I would be grateful for some help thanks.

billyliv 19:11 31 Mar 03

Hi, From what I gather, you want to load tracks from different cds onto your hard drive, compile them as a project and then burn to cd. Is this correct? Cheers, Bill

David_Brent 19:26 31 Mar 03

Sort of I have a cd with 14 tracks on and I only want 9 of these on the cd so yes I want to burn tracks off cd on to a new one. Also I have trouble copying any audio cd but I can copy a data cd. Cheers

woodchip 19:48 31 Mar 03

You need a CD ripping program they are to be had for free if you look at PCA downloads, you may even have got one already installed as some sound card have these in the software they supply I Think "Easy CD Creator" and Nero as also

€dstow 19:53 31 Mar 03

Remember that a lot of audio CDs come with copy protection in an attempt to stop the very thing you are trying to do.

€d

frasernet 19:53 31 Mar 03

you will find it virtually impossible using cdrw discs to burn audio. only use cdr's. use the nero wizard when starting nero, this will guide you effortlessly to success. good luck.

€dstow 19:55 31 Mar 03

Note that what I wrote above is a statement of fact.

I make no moral or other judgements on this.

€d

leo49 20:01 31 Mar 03

Actually copy protected CD's are still very few and far between and are clearly marked as such so that shouldn't be a problem.

Regards

woodchip 20:04 31 Mar 03

Glad you did not, as I do it to get rid of the tracks I do not like and create for my own purpose on CDRW and CDR to use in the car from CD's I bought

billyliv 20:30 31 Mar 03

Hi David, Put the CD you want to copy into your CD/ROM, Start Nero, Use the Wizard, select CD, next, compile a a new CD, next, select Audio CD, next, Finish. The Compilation window opens, Double click on your CD/ROM in the right hand pane, the tracks on the CD you want to copy from will open in the bottom right hand pane, One at a time drag the tracks you want to copy over to the Left hand pane. If the Nero title and CD database window opens click cancel or as I have done also put a tick into the 'Never show this message again' box. On your toolbar click on the icon that opens the Write CD dialog. and take it from there. Cheers, Bill

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…