CD-RW not functioning

James Storey 19:40 31 Mar 03

Hi Everyone

I am currently running an eMachine 540 with separate Samsung DVD & CD-RW drives. Whilst all drives seem fine enough my CD-RW has developed a new problm which is extremely annoying to say the least ir it won't read blank media. Pre-recorded CD material and CD-ROM content will paly back fine but whenI insert a new blank disc to write any type of file (WAV, Office Files etc) the Write Wizard just tells me there is no CD in the drive. Can anyone help with suggestions? I am running XP Home Edition with Media Player 8.0. Jim in Belfast.

graham 20:40 31 Mar 03

What a sensible name and a sensible question! I can only suggest that you try a new disk, or better still a re-recordable disk. I've found once a disk has 'failed' to record it cannot be used again.

billyliv 20:47 31 Mar 03

Hi, I had the same prob using Easy CD creator 5. I had to put the blank into the CD writer let the dialog box say that the CD is not a recordable CD, open and close the CD Writer tray without taking the blank out and the blank was then recognised. Cheers, Bill

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…