CD-RW not found in XP

akzah 21:29 02 Jan 04

Hi

I bought a PC from a fair back in October, which had a CD-RW and a normall CD Drive. I did'nt test the CD-RW though when I installed winXp it found it as a CD-RW so I presumed everything worked.

I installed nero today and tried to burn a cd, though I reliases nero did'nt find the cd-rw but instead was just burning a image file, I tried using the win xp cd burning and that failed as well. I unistalled the CD-RW and restarted and no it found the drive as just a CD Drive, Help Please!! I don't why it is not finding it correctly.

Thanks in advance.

Akbar

Djohn 21:48 02 Jan 04

Go to "My Computer" right click on the drive, then properties, then the hardware tab. Highlight the drive, click on properties again, then the driver tab and click on update driver.

Windows will do a search for a new driver, it may come up saying best driver is being used, if so click on OK and reboot your PC. You may find this will fix the problem, if not please post back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…