CD-RW not burning

badgery 15:16 24 Apr 05

I have just purchased some different CD-RW discs - Tuffdisc 12X Multispeed - but am having problems burning.
For a long time I have simply used the XPHome, built-in wizard and all my files and photos are stored on CD's and I find the process simple and hassle-free.
When I try to do the same with the new Tuffdiscs I get a message after a few seconds saying "Cannot complete CD writing process" and that the disc may now be unuseable (it isn't as it happens, thankfully). I tried the Nero with the my original burner (an LG -3yrs old) and it says that it does not support this disc.
I borrowed a friends external DVD writer, and it burns the CD-RW Tuffdiscs OK, using Nero. Not being too technical I cannot understand this, anyone clarify, or do I just bin the Tuffdiscs? (Not yet being able to afford a new 'burner').

john-232317 15:59 24 Apr 05

Give them to your mate, or borrow his burner, as it seems like yours doesn`t like them.

stalion 16:13 24 Apr 05

bring up the info tool in nero it will tell you what discs your drive supports.If it does not support cd-rw then your discs are no good on your existing drive

badgery 19:40 24 Apr 05

Tried looking in Nero info and it tells me that CD-R and CD-RW are supported by this burner. I have regularly used CD-RW in this drive with no problems, so it must be a case of 'bin them', and give up on Tuffdisc, I suppose.
Thanks anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…