CD-RW ISSUE PLEASE HELP

rickimalone 19:23 29 Mar 04

My CD-RW is playing up on my laptop. When I select files to send to the drive it say's that I have no disk inserted in the drive, when there is.

Even more strange is that everytime I go to "my computer" and look at the specific drive the symbol for a comutershopper cover disk is still the symbol that reprsents the drive even though it has not been in there for days.
Any takers, would be much appreciated as it's now out of warrentee.

fuzzyone 19:25 29 Mar 04

rickimalone,

you could try uninstalling the drive, in device manager, and let the system reconfigure it when booting up.

rickimalone 19:31 29 Mar 04

Trying that right now

rickimalone 19:41 29 Mar 04

Did that and it no longer displays the computer shopper symbol.

However the drive can not identify a disk when copying files to drive and requests that I enter one, yet it is able to read disks fine.

Danny-203598 19:55 29 Mar 04

This may sound obvious but you haven't accidently got the wrong format discs + instead of -

rickimalone 20:03 29 Mar 04

My CD-RW Has CD Rewritable on the front,
The only blank disk I have is an:

TDK CD-R74 CD RECORDABLE:

Is there a difference between RE-WRITABLE&CD-RECORDABLE??? If not ill get some more disks tommorow as I dont have the wrapper of this disk for anymore info.

Thanks guys.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…