CD-RW files invisible after installing Windows XP

Robber Roy 17:34 18 Aug 03

Using Version 4 of Easy CD Creator I saved some .jpg pictures in 4 folders, together with some short video clips (.asx, I think) on a CD-RW. I recently formatted my hard drive and installed Windows XP Home. Whenever I put the CD in either my internal DVD drive or my external SCSI HP 9200 rewriter, Windows Explorer shows it as "UDF Reader" and shows only 2 files: Autorun.inf (1KB) and udfrinst.exe (421KB). A pop up message box always appears, titled Adaptec Setup Wizard. It says: "A disc has been inserted that requires the Adaptec UDF Reader. This setup wizard installs the Adaptec UDF Reader for Windows 95/Windows NT. Do you wish to continue?" In hope, I press "Yes" and I get a message to say that UDF Reader is up to date. I still can't see or access my picture files. If I press "No", the message simply disappears.

I thought that, perhaps, I needed to re-install Easy CD Creator to solve the problem. Since Version 4 will not work with Windows XP, I installed Version 6. It made no difference. Are my pix lost for ever or can anyone suggest something else for me to try?

spikeychris 19:24 18 Aug 03

click here for others with the same probs

R4 19:42 18 Aug 03

if you don't load DirectCD at Bootup.(I Don't) Try running DirectCD this should allow you to see the files on the CD.

Robber Roy 20:43 20 Aug 03

Thanks, Guys.

I re-installed Easy CD Creator and all was back to normal.

Yippee!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now