cd rw dvd combo drivers

citadel 22:10 30 May 03

I am having trouble installing a game. On the activision support site one of the solutions was to check my cd drive had 32 bit drivers.
When I looked windows says there are no drivers installed for this device and it is working correctly.
I thought drives work without drivers is this correct?.

citadel 22:15 30 May 03

sorry for posting twice but I had to re-connect and did not know my fisrt post had activated.

woodchip 22:26 30 May 03

It does not need drivers for Windows, as Windows installs MSCDEX that runs the CD rom in Windows. But you still need the CDRW software installing for the burner to work, and the DVD software also these have drivers for there software to work with you drive

Despicable Desperado 22:26 30 May 03

You do not require drivers for your drive as Windows will install everything needed to access it. To use the cdrw part the software you received with the drive (ECDC or Nero) will install everthing necessary. Are you using Windows 98?

woodchip 22:37 30 May 03

IF your CD works it's not the CD that's the problem. You are getting conflicts in software Windows etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…