CD-RW drive will not eject

whacker 20:14 31 Aug 03

There is a CD-RW in my "R" drive I moved a number of files to the drive and I cannot get the drive to eject. The drive appears to be working OK otherwise

Bingalau 20:19 31 Aug 03

Try to do it with the symbols on the screen and not with the manual button..

In explorer, right-click the icon for the CD drive and then select Eject.

If this fails use a paper clip to manually eject the CD by pushing it in the purpose built hole in the front of the drive.

HTH

woodchip 20:27 31 Aug 03

If you do not have an icon in the system tray to right click and choose eject. Go to my computer and double click on it so you can see the drives right click and drag to task bar create short cut you should be able to right click the icon and choose eject

Stuartli 21:10 31 Aug 03

If you have to use the pin method (there should be one supplied with the drive) make sure you switch off the power to the system first....:-)

The reason should be fairly obvious.

The Sack 22:20 31 Aug 03

are you using packet writing software?

Bodi 22:47 31 Aug 03

My thoughts too! Packet Writing software sometimes locks the drive. If you are certain you have all your files safely on the CDRW drive, try shutting down your computer and rebooting. You will find your drive unlocked.

Bodi

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…