CD-RW drive or not?

AngeTheHippy 16:44 07 Apr 03

Hi all,
I've configured online the NoteBook I wanna get, but to be honest, I don't think I need the cd/rw drive - My desktop PCs OS is XP (as will be the N.B' OS)so I think I can copy files from the N.B to the desktop PC can't I? I have a CD-RW drive on the desktop pc. So that's the question. If you already have a perfectly good CD-RW on ya Big PC, do you really REALLY need one on ya NoteBook too? and is it a pain copying files from NB to Desk PC? Are there leads that come as standard with the NB or would I need to purchase them separately?

woodchip 16:50 07 Apr 03

You need to get a PC-Link USB cable to connect USB for files

AngeTheHippy 16:54 07 Apr 03

so I don't greatly need the cd-rw then, if I can simply copy over files from Notebook to big PC....

GroupFC 17:19 07 Apr 03

You do have to be fairly organised so that you are aware which files you have changed and therefore which need to go across from one machine to the other!!

woodchip 17:46 07 Apr 03

click here The one at the top of the list. You can get them from Computer Fair's about £20

y_not 20:02 07 Apr 03

Copy across a network (or between two PC's) ....... if only my writer could write as fast as I can move files.

The movement between the systems, once they are set up, is simplcity itself - so easy even I can do it!

Use three PC's & one laptop ALL sharing one floppy drive, one DVD drive and one writer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…