cd rw does not respond

shippy 20:53 27 Jan 03

HI all

i recently bought a new cd rw (artec 48x )
installed it a couple weeks ago and everything has been fine,until now it does not seem to recognise anything. i insert a cd and i get the little disc showing on my cursor as if it is reading the cd but thats as far as it goes, if i try writing a cd with nero the cd tray opens asking for a disc even though theres a blank one in there

any ideas

im running xp

thanks in advance

Elrond 20:54 27 Jan 03

Have you added anything new to the system recently? Hardware or software?

JoeC 20:56 27 Jan 03

the latest Nero ( 5.5.10 ) ? Have you disabled the inbuilt CD burning programme in WinXP ?

shippy 21:01 27 Jan 03

joe c

no i haven't and i have the latest version of nero how do i disable the inbuilt cd burning in xp

JoeC 21:03 27 Jan 03

and right click your drive.Then Properties, Recording and take the tick out of " Enable CD Recording on this drive ". : }

shippy 21:13 27 Jan 03

Hi i have done that and its no different, nero still kicked out the cd saying that the drive was empty

Elrond 21:18 27 Jan 03

What about my question shippy

shippy 21:26 27 Jan 03

sorry did not mean to ignore you but got caught up in joe ideas

anyway the answers no the only thing i added is the latest version of nero and that worked ok

Elrond 21:28 27 Jan 03

you've not messed with any oter configurations/settings? Sorry to ask but the slightest change can change things a lot

shippy 21:31 27 Jan 03

no
i have learnt my lesson there (long story)

do you think it could be worth taking the drive out and re installing it

Elrond 21:39 27 Jan 03

Certainly worth a go.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…