CD-RW discs

dazza39 08:37 19 Apr 05

I have a number of discs which i need to delete /move stuff off them,but it tells me i don't have permission to modify/change???,how come.

Diodorus Siculus 08:45 19 Apr 05

What burning program do you have? Something like NeroINCD?

TomJerry 08:55 19 Apr 05

dazza39 10:04 19 Apr 05

Don't have any burning software as such,i use XP's built in one,i don't login as such,just switch PC on.

Diodorus Siculus 10:11 19 Apr 05

[quote] Don't have any burning software as such[/quote]

That't why you have the problem; you need somehting like InCD as mentioned above - what's called packet writing software.

DieSse 10:56 19 Apr 05

The built-in Windows "Drag&Drop" recording appears to write "read-only" files, which cannot be deleted in the normal way.

What you can do is copy off all the files into a temporary folder, erase the CD (right click on the drive icon) - then write back only those you want.

I just did this as a test and it works fine.

I presume this is to ensure that such CDs are readable without special software, in other systems.

It can be more practical to use special software, such as noted above, like Nero InCD

dazza39 11:04 19 Apr 05

Thanks for the advice

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…