CD-RW Disc - Unable to rewrite

lightfeet 07:06 18 Aug 03

I have a number of rewritable discs which I wish to reuse but I am unable to reformat or erase them.
In Nero ( OEM) burning Rom window - Recorder Menu ?Erase Rewritable? is greyed out.
Trying to delete a highlighted track in Windows Explorer I receive ?The file ?Track 01.cda? is a read only file. Are you sure you want to delete it?? On selecting ?Yes? I get Error deleting file or folder notice ? ? Files on this CD are read only. You can still copy files to this CD, which will replace files already on the disc? but when I try dragging & dropping to the CD they go into Files Ready to be Written to the CD section, but they cannot be moved to the tracks section.
Is there a way of reformatting these CD-RW discs so that they are empty?
This is driving me mad so before I go completely bonkers could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong.
Operating system is XP

AndySD 08:25 18 Aug 03

Try installing InCD click here

lightfeet 07:52 19 Aug 03

Thanks AndySD. I shall certainly look into getting InCD - looks interesting. However, in the meantime, I think I may have solved the problem. When I have had time to check that I have in fact sorted it out I will post the remedy on this thread

billyliv 08:38 19 Aug 03

Hi, CD/RW discs are highly unreliable. I ditched all mine ages ago and now only use CD/Rs. I have DVD-RWs but haven't tried them out yet. Cheers, Bill

lightfeet 07:48 20 Aug 03

Hi billyliv, yes I usually use CD-Rs but since I had a few CD-RWs from when I first had the capability of rewriting I thought I would clean them for reuse. I have now resolved the problem as follows:-
In Nero Burning main page under menu option ?Recorder? I noticed ?Image Recorder? was selected. Changing to the alternative option which in my case was ?Generic CRD-BP1600P? then returning to ?Recorder? I was able to select ?Erase Rewritable? which did the trick.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…