CD RW disc not functioning

diljitsinghji 12:56 05 Jan 05

I have a new 'RICOH'CD-RW disc on which I have saved only once. I am using the Roxio Easy CD ceator 5 programme. I can't erase any thing from the disc. Even when I try to format the disc again nothing happens. Any suggestions?

rawprawn 13:59 05 Jan 05

Are you able to Write/Format/Erase other discs ? If not it may be your CD Writer. I found mine with the same problem just before Xmas. It turned out to be that the laser had burned out, it would read but not write. I hope this has not happened to you but it's worth checking.

diljitsinghji 14:19 05 Jan 05

My CD drive seem OK. I can read and write on other discs. I appreciate that the disc may be faulty. I am looking at options to check this out. Is it normal for the computer to freeze when formatting/erasing from a faulty disc? One of the problems that I encountered was the PC freezing up.
Thanks for your interest.

ACOLYTE 14:22 05 Jan 05

Some times the PC appears to freeze but its the program that freezes ending the task should stop it,but may lock the PC in the process.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…