CD-RW Access

  coolteentom 15:51 22 Feb 04

I have a computer that is running win98se, which currently has an internal CD-RW installed into it.

Is there any way that I can access this CD writer through a laptop with XPHE??


  Diodorus Siculus 16:05 22 Feb 04

Access it to do what? You could network the two machines if that is what you want to do - fairly simple and straightforward with a network crossover cable.

  coolteentom 16:14 22 Feb 04

I need to access the drive, because it won't work on the computer, and I need to copy some disks.

What's a network crossover cable?

Thanks Tom

  Diodorus Siculus 16:43 22 Feb 04

If it won't work on the PC, then you will not be able to use it via the laptop.

What seems to be the problem with the drive?

  Diodorus Siculus 16:45 22 Feb 04

By the way, a network crossover cable is a cable that will allow you to network two PCs via lan cards without having a hub installed. More than two will require a hub.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…