CD-Rs and compatability issues

beec crump 22:19 30 Mar 04

Recently a friend gave me a cd-r with some work on it, written with roxio on Win Me. I an LG CD-R drive and a normal CD-ROM drive and the disk will read on niether. On the CD-ROM it says the disk is corrupt,and on the CD-RW drive it brings up the XP CD writing wizard as if it were blank.

The disk is not blank, has been tested on original computer in DIFFERENT drive to the one which wrote the disk.

Any help appreciated (as I need the work).

Regards, Ben

arricarry 22:34 30 Mar 04

Hello - What program was used to create the work?
You may not have it loaded on your machine.

beec crump 21:39 01 Apr 04

roxio was used. Drag and drop thing.

fuzzyone 21:42 01 Apr 04

Is it possible the cd is a cd-rw formatted, and left open, or a cd-r still left open.

This may cause problems if you don't have the same software.

beec crump 21:45 01 Apr 04

it is a cd-r and roxio said it was 'closing the disc'. But surely the disk should play on any computer with a CD-ROM drive?

andrew-216448 21:55 01 Apr 04

hi beec crump,

if you had used the drag and drop feature in roxio, it could only be read with roxio. you must install the reader from roxio.

beec crump 21:58 01 Apr 04

ok... thanx.

do you know where/if you can download that?

fuzzyone 22:05 01 Apr 04

click here

you'll get it here.

andrew-216448 22:06 01 Apr 04

try going to the roxio site. if not open the file while online. sometimes the program will ask you to download the reader from roxio automatically.

beec crump 22:24 01 Apr 04

thanx for help.
using roxio reader has worked. :-)

ben

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…