CD Rs

Nancy-257505 14:19 20 Jan 03
  Nancy-257505 14:19 20 Jan 03

Can anyone help. Tried to burn some info from hard drive to a CD R but without success. However successfully managed to copy data onto a CR RW. Can anyone tell me why??? As you can probably tell, I am not very technically minded!!!

Lú-tzé 14:26 20 Jan 03

What program are you using to burn to CD?

It sounds as if you have Win XP and are using drag and drop. If so, you will need something else like Nero (my favourit), or one of the other commercially available progs.

Nancy-257505 14:29 20 Jan 03

No I am using Nero (and Windows Prof 2000)

catman2000 14:38 20 Jan 03

what are you trying to copy??

Nancy-257505 14:41 20 Jan 03

I was trying to copy a word document onto the CD R

catman2000 14:46 20 Jan 03

from my small knowledge!!!! if your'e using Nero, 1) have you got the burning wizard enabled to startup at launch, 2) if no, find it to enable and if yes just tell it that you are copying data onto the CD(three options, choose data). This shopuld allow you to copy anything, Word docs, excel MP3's etc.

I did this the other week when formatting with no problems. Hope this helps.......

Nancy-257505 14:57 20 Jan 03

OK will try tonight, and thanks.

pj123 15:09 20 Jan 03

What version of Nero have you got? I have 5.9.9.0 but I found Nero Express so much easier to use.

You just answer the questions and it does the rest.

i use Nero Express all the time now.

Nancy-257505 15:14 20 Jan 03

duh!!! Not sure, it is a new pc built for me by the IT guy that does our stuff at work so I didn't ask him. I haven't got a clue which version but it does have a wizard. Will have to check the CD. Its just that when I put the CDR into drive I could not copy, but when I put the CRRW everything was OK. I thought perhaps I had bought the wrong CDRs but as I know so little about them, wouldn't know if there are different types. I will try again this evening anyway, because I will not give in until I sort it!!! maybe it was just me being stupid.

Diemmess 18:11 20 Jan 03

Perhaps there is a confusion between what you "think you are using" and the program you are using.
My Nero setup has two distinct alternatives.....
"InCD" which is the only one that will run my CDRW and "Nero Rurning Rom" which does the rest!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…