CD R/RW

micklemouse 14:56 31 Aug 05

I have windows XP 2P2, with a hard drive capacity of 20GB of which 5.6GB has already been used leaving 13.4 free.

I have been thinking about getting a Sony CD R/RW but it requires a minimum of 1GB HDD space. Am I worrying about nothing if I were to say that this is a very large part of what's left on my hard drive or should I go ahead and get one anyway?

Thanks, Micklemouse

babybell 15:07 31 Aug 05

Your a lot like me, have all that free space but don't wanna use it up! At the end of the day, u want something and after installation your still going to have 12.4 gig of space left! If it still bothers you, just do some spring cleaning to free some space up. Apart from that i'd go for it!

pj123 15:10 31 Aug 05

"Sony CD R/RW but it requires a minimum of 1GB HDD space."

The actual drive unit takes up no space at all on your hard drive.

I think I would forget about a CD-RW and go straight for a DVD burner.(which will also burn to CD).

The LG GSA4163B is a good one and was also recommended in PC Advisor. I have two computers and both have the LG GSA4163B installed.

click here

micklemouse 15:12 31 Aug 05

maybe Microsoft could make a tool for reinstalling used hard drive space. AS IF !! Thanks tho, Babybell, I think I will go for it purely cos you've shown me how neurotic I really am!

Matter Closed. R.I.P.

micklemouse 15:12 31 Aug 05

maybe Microsoft could make a tool for reinstalling used hard drive space. AS IF !! Thanks tho, Babybell, I think I will go for it purely cos you've shown me how neurotic I really am!

Matter Closed. R.I.P.

Stuartli 15:13 31 Aug 05

How on earth will it take up 1GB of hard drive space?

I would check again - it's only a rewriter and merely requires the basic Windows CDROM driver.

Even Nero in full blown guise would only take up around 40MB or so to enable the rewriter to be used.

Stuartli 15:16 31 Aug 05

Sorry. Went to this thread, then had to do some urgent Googling on behalf of SWMBO and the subsequent postings appeared in between...:-)

sheila.weston 16:58 31 Aug 05

I have a SONY DVD R/RW + DVD Rewritable and it works a treat. But I haven't yet tried recording on Dual Drive discs. I would have thought that this is what the future holds and they ARE getting cheaper.

Why not contact the Sony website to check the HDD requirements?

Sheila

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…