CD roms not recognised.

itw2 10:39 05 Aug 05

After enduring the dreaded blue screens half way through bootup and having tried most MS solutions I decided to reload windows(98). towards the end of loading as it was setting up hardware I got another blue screen! I decided the problem looked to be in the devices area and followed the MS guidance to disable devices and progressively enable. Ureka I found that with 'primary ide controller(dual fifo)' and 'secondary ide controller(dual fifo)'disabled I could boot up fully into windows. Only one problem no CD roms(I have a rewriter and DVD) were recognised. I decided to reload windows(again!) as I had made changes during setup because of the crash. Still no CD roms and windows was also suggesting I neede to add some files but of course I have no CD rom active to load the files. Has anyone any idea what isgoing on? What are these controllers I have disabled and if I do need them how do I resole the blue screen problem?! Any help gratefully received!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…