CD Roms do not autorun

ken 16:23 12 May 03

My CD Roms used to auorun when the disc was inserted in the drive but they have now stopped and I have to do START > RUN and enter a code in te box. Can anyone tell me how to retore the Auotorun again? Many thanks to all.

spikeychris 16:29 12 May 03

What O/S?

woodchip 16:57 12 May 03

If you have a CDRW it may have turned it of, as they do not like Auto Run, it interferes with writing CD's

MartinT-B 16:58 12 May 03

XP:

My Computer -> right click drive choose the autorun option, or choose properties then autorun (I hope - not on my XP machine to test it!)

Open the System Properties dialog box at the Device Manager tab.

Click the plus sign next to CDROM, right-click the device you want to use, and then click Properties.

Click the Settings tab.

Select the Auto insert notification check box.

spikeychris 17:04 12 May 03

As has been said above >> Win 9X >>

• "Start" button > "Settings" > "Control Panel" > "System".

• Select "Device Manager".

• Click on the "+" sign next to the CD-ROM category.

• Double click on your CD-ROM and select "Settings".

• Check the box "Auto Insert Notification"

If the AIN is alrady there then click here and follow the very simple reg fix.

Rogerfredo 17:05 12 May 03

I have the same problem. I have checked that the autorun check box is ticked, but my system still will not autorun audio cds. Strangely, it does run program cds automatically. I have Windows ME.

wotbus@ 18:37 12 May 03

and sometimes for no apparent reason I lose Autorun. Each time is is restored by doing the following assuming everything else is as it should be:

Using Regedit, open Hkey Current User,Software,Microsoft,Windows,Current Version,Policies,Explorer and check that the value of NoDriveTypeAutoRun is 95 00 00 00. If it isnt that change it by rightclick then modify.

Bon Chance !

timothywilliam 20:09 12 May 03

Yep, like the others I have some that Autorun and some that don't. There doesn't appear to be a pattern. I found my solution by chance, if it doesn't autorun take the CD out and put it in again. It always runs second time after insertion for some strange reason.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…