cd rom troubles

the Rascal 05:12 08 Aug 03

I was wanderin if anyone could tell me why on a friends pc which is runnin xp pro i took a cd disk round with a few data programs on which when it was placed in the rom drive it was saying " please insert disk".
The drive is reconising and playing audio and mp3 disks no problem,the data disk was one i had burnt on my xp computer useing nero (was not useing packet writing).This data rom of mine works on 2 of my friends xp puters no problem.
Any help would be much appreciated
Thanks

Tog 07:27 08 Aug 03

Some CDROMs have trouble reading CDRWs or open CDRs.

Stuartli 07:58 08 Aug 03

Depends on how old the CD-ROM drive is - the more recent the model the more the different disk formats it will be able to read.

Andsome 08:20 08 Aug 03

The above comments make a lot of sense. I have burned C.D's with photo's, and data etc. I took them to a friend who had had my daughters old machine, and they would not open, I also was asked by the computer to insert a disc. When I took them to the shop who built my computer in January they opened up perfectly on one of the shops computers. Music Cd's which I have burned have played in any C.D. player that I have tried them in.

the Rascal 06:16 09 Aug 03

Thanks to all who replyed

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…