CD ROM PROBLEMS

badgerschuff 14:59 14 Mar 04

Dear All,
My PC running windows 98 has a cd-rw as primary and a cd-rom as secondary. Since solving the sound card problems i can get sound from the primary drive, but from the secondary there is silence. The second drive is a ACER MODEL CD65OP 50x cd rom which was pulled in a working condition from a previous system also running win98. I have been unable to download any up to date drivers from Acer for some unknown reason, can anybody direct me to somewhere i could. If someone has another explaination/solution i would be grateful.

Badgerschuff

bremner 15:04 14 Mar 04

Have you connected a sound lead between the CD Rom drive and the soundcard?

badgerschuff 15:29 14 Mar 04

The primary drive is connected by the sound lead to the sound card (this set up works fine on my Dell running XP, where the dvd-rom is the primary and the dvd rewriter is the secondary)but the cd-rom is only connected to the system through the e-ide lead, would i need some split sound lead for this arrangement to work on a win98 system?

Badgerschuff

bremner 15:36 14 Mar 04

All you need is to run a sound cable from the secondary drive to another point on the sound card. (they normally have two side by side)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…