CD-Rom problem - light doesn't go out after access

Rikardos 22:48 12 Jan 04

I've got a Asus CRW-5224A CD-RW (52x24x52) drive which I purchased 5 months ago and it works fine for burning CD's and reading them apart from:

There's a huge jet-engine-style whine that initiates every time the drive tries to read a disk

As I've stopped using the program which the CD-Rom was accessing the CD for, the light stays on permanently (not flickering) and the CD stays spinning in the drive.

I've calmed down the whine with NERO Drivespeed but I would like some reassurance that this is typical for this drive please!

If anyone can come up with a reason why it's continually reading the disk after use that'd also be a great help. I've flashed the drive with the latest software from Asus and still getting the same thing so I don't think it's that.

Many thanks for your help!

Big Elf 22:57 12 Jan 04

My 40 speed TEAC burner makes the same jet engine whine whilst it accesses the disk but stops shortly afterwards. I don't think what you experience is normal but so far I can't track down the cause.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…