CD-ROM not seeing audio CDs

sil_ver 22:30 19 Jul 04

I decided to try a different audio CD player but was not impressed as it would not recognise my audio CDs in the CD-ROM although I could play them by opening a player first. Having uninstalled the program I still can't access the drive or autoplay audio CDs. When an audio CD is put in the drive a message comes up saying 'Access denied to drive, application or path'. When drive icon is clicked on it says 'drive not ready' I cannot understand what's changed to cause this problem. I don't have any problem with data CDs which will autoplay. The problem only applies to audio CDs. Checking a few tracks properties they all say they open with 'Media Player Classic' which the Player I normally use.

sil_ver 22:33 19 Jul 04

Just for info. I'm running Win2000pro

sil_ver 20:29 20 Jul 04

Bump

THE TERMINATOR 23:49 20 Jul 04

d/click my computer icon to bring up your drives. Right click your CD-ROM drive and select properties. Click on the auto play tab and choose music CD from the pulldown list and choose an action to play with your Windows Media player....TT

sil_ver 23:56 20 Jul 04

Terminator
There isn't an autoplay tab

sil_ver 23:00 22 Jul 04

I've resolved this problem. See my thread 'Hidden files'

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…