cd rom not recognised

acalder20 18:56 10 Apr 03

AMD Athlon 900mhz: 256mb ram: 20 gig hdd: Windows Me: Norton Antivirus 2001. Primary Master hdd: Primary Slave cd rom:Secondary Master cd-rw.
My cd rom died recently and I purchased a new one (Actima A52t). Checked that the jumpers were set as slave and installed the cd rom. System will only boot into safe mode and I found that changing the primary slave setting in the bios from cd rom to "not installed", the system boots perfectly and the cd rom works. Have checked that cables are connected correctly. Any ideas why I cannot set cd rom as primary slave as it was with the old cd rom?

BBez 19:41 10 Apr 03

not a solution to your problem but you'd be better with the HDD as Primary Master and the CD Writer as Secondary Master with the new CDRom Drive as Secondary Slave, as, with your HDD and CDRom on the Primary Channel, you'll slow up your HDD performance down to the CDRoms transfer rate

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…