CD Rom no longer auto runs

babybell 16:09 03 Jan 05

Im having problems with the CD rom, if i insert a CD it wont automatically run, it usually takes about 9 or 10 attempts at me pushing the eject button before it finally does, is this just a simple hardware problem or could it be something to do with software or drivers. Running Windows 98se with standard cd rom

herc182 16:15 03 Jan 05

try this link.

click here

if you are having problems ejecting the CD as well, then it could very well be a hardware problem.

stalion 16:17 03 Jan 05
  herc182 16:17 03 Jan 05

otherwise look through here
click here

just type "auto run" into the search box on this website. comes up with quite a lot.

babybell 16:25 03 Jan 05

both those suggestions only help with windows XP but my problem is in windows 98?

herc182 16:30 03 Jan 05

try this

click here

obviously do the opposite.

babybell 16:40 03 Jan 05

I checked and auto run was ticked. I right click on my cd rom icon and clicked auto run and the cd rom just kept clunking away for ages and everything froze, i imagine this must mean its a hardware problem

herc182 16:43 03 Jan 05

i would tend to agree. although someone else may have an idea. this is a stab in the dark, but are there any viruses/worms etc that may cause this anyone?

otherwise just click here and get a new one....

ReyesKing 16:49 03 Jan 05

did it just suddenly happen? once it works then next it doesnt?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…