cd rom help

patso 19:36 28 Sep 05

i recently posted a question about a problem a friend has with his rom drive.he has asked me to post again and given me more info.when he puts a cd in the drive it just comes up cd rom on the icon in my computer.also nothing will auto install.he has to reboot for things to start working.i think he has something diaabled.hes using xp home.any ideas.sorry about posting again

VoG II 19:37 28 Sep 05
  patso 20:36 04 Oct 05

thanks VOG for the link,he tried it but it didnt work it said there was nothing wrong with the drive when he ran it. the problem he has is when he puts a disk in he has to reboot for his pc to recognise it and each time he puts a new disc in he has to reboot for the pc to play the disc or run it and recognise it.

VoG II 21:12 04 Oct 05

In My Computer right click the drive and select Properties. Check the settings on the Autoplay tab.

If there is no Autoplay then Start, Run and type in

and click OK. Scroll down to 'Shell Hardware Detection', double click it and make sure this service is Started and set to Automatic.

patso 19:26 05 Oct 05

thanks again vog will do and post back

patso 13:16 06 Oct 05

thanks again vog i was talking to him just now in work and he cant find services in the run sure its in control panel some where am i right as hes still baffled

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…