CD rom is hard to open

PCUSER2 06:53 29 Mar 06

I am currently getting a little anoyed with my cd rom, when i push the button to open,or when i click on the eject the draw won't open the fist time or somtimes the second,thrid etc it does however eventually open but its a pain, anyone out ther with any advice would be much appreciated,

cheers
NZldr

xania 09:04 29 Mar 06

This is typically casued by either the door motor failing or the door itself sticking. The latter you can resolved by cleaning the front and underside with a cleaning wipe. If that fails, I would look to replace the drive. You can pick up a DVD rewriter for less than £40 and, if you can still find them, a CD-ROM for less than £10
click here

DieSse 09:18 29 Mar 06

Also sometimes caused by the rubber drive belt getting old and either stretched or hard (depending on it's composition).

PCUSER2 09:24 29 Mar 06

cheers all
started with the easiest solution frst by giving the door a wipe, it works good as new now cheers xania/diesse
much appreciated

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…