CD Rom Files Read Only

rawprawn 12:36 30 Dec 04

I seem to be having problems this morning with My CD RW. following my earlier thread I downloaded the files I wanted into "My Documents"and then tried to copy to E: Drive. I get the message that they are read only and cannot be copied to the E Drive, but in properties they are not ticked as Read Only. Any ideas ?

How are you trying to copy them over and what OS are you using?

rawprawn 13:56 30 Dec 04

XP SP 2 Home, I have tried dragging and using the "Send To" program. I now find all my files are Read Only if I try to send them to a CD Drive

Jackcoms 14:08 30 Dec 04

I may be wrong, but understood that all files become read only when copied to a CD.

However, if copied back to a hard drive they revert to their 'normal' editable state.

rawprawn 14:08 30 Dec 04

I have just done a system restore and all is working again, although I don't know why. If you have any ideas on the subject please post as I am at a loss to know what may have caused it.

rawprawn 14:15 30 Dec 04

No what happened is that Itried to copy some files direct from a web page to a CD and I was refused permission click here So I then copied the files to my documents and then tried to copy from there to the CD Rom, and I was told that they were read only. Ilater tried a test on some other files that have been on my computer for ages and got the same result so that all files in My Documents had become Read Only. You will see from my response to [email protected]
what happened. As I say I am at a loss and would like to know how this occurred, Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…