cd rom fault

chrisjohn 15:00 18 Sep 05

bought a i-pod,put the software on pc but had some problems,so i deleated my cd drive wont work,the icon has gone from [my computer],in device mngr it says-windows loaded device driver but cant find hardware device code 41.when i plug i-pod in ,it comes up as d-drive.

Graham ® 15:21 18 Sep 05

Looks like a Registry job! click here

If you need guidance, please ask. Make sure you backup the Registry or set a Restore point before you make any changes.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:31 18 Sep 05

No CD/DVD or CD-ROM access is missing error Code 19, Code 31, Code 32, Code 39, or Code 41
Try this if the optical drives are not appearing in My Computer or Device Manager. This is sometimes caused by the removal of Roxio software. Run regedit and navigate to registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}. Highlight it and in the right pane, find the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters values. Highlight each one in turn, right click and delete them. Close regedit and restart the computer. If in doubt make a restore point before making changes. click here

Graham ® 16:08 18 Sep 05

Email received:

thanks for the info,iv followed the steps but it wont let me delete the their anyway u can remotly access my pc to check this.thanks

Please use the 'Add a new response' facility, rather than Email.

To delete an entry, click on it to highlight, then press Delete button.

chrisjohn 16:13 18 Sep 05

graham can u help,its driving me knuts.

Graham ® 16:22 18 Sep 05

Is your O/S XP? Try a System Restore to a time before I-pod.

chrisjohn 16:30 18 Sep 05

all ok now fixed many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…